Crib Point provides a strong foundation for student learning with student engagement and wellbeing as a whole school priority. A positive school culture ensures that students feel valued and cared for, have meaningful opportunities to contribute to the school and can be effectively engaged in their learning. Supportive and positive relationships between students, staff, parents and the wider community are vital for students’ success and wellbeing. Crib Point is a KidsMatter school that uses the Second Step program. The Second Step program is a universal, classroom-based program designed to increase students’ school success, improve peer relationships, and decrease problem behaviours by promoting social-emotional competence and self-regulation. It teaches skills that strengthen students’ ability to learn, have empathy, manage their emotions and behaviours and solve problems. In addition to these resources, the school also has:
- A Department of Education Psychologist visiting weekly,
- A Department of Education Speech Pathologist visiting fortnightly,
- A contracted independent Psychologist working out of Crib Point Primary School,
- Trudy Connellan, our Chaplain and
- Melissa Hockey, our Australian Defence Force aide.
We have five core values that underpin our beliefs, the environment we provide and the way we act:
- DO YOUR BEST
Our school rules have been linked to 5 key words known as the 5Cs. These rules are:
- Co-operation – We will work together to enable everyone to learn and enjoy school.
- Communication– We will communicate honestly and respectfully.
- Care– We will show care for all people and our environment.
- Common Sense– We will keep everyone safe.
- Consideration– We will be considerate in the way we treat others.